BSNL’s new plan for Karnataka and other updates

Thursday, February 3, 2011, 9:15 by Tech Correspondent

BSNL has launched Karnataka Mitra Plan for its prospective 2G GSM subscribers in Karnataka telecom circle.

Under the newly launched plan, BSNL’s prepaid connection will come at Rs. 49 (SIM+FRC) with lifetime validity plus 50 minutes of talk time. Moreover, BSNL subscribers will get free 2000 Local/National SMS and 50MB free data usage valid for 30 days. Must read: BSNL discounts and offers on MNP

Furthermore, with this offer, subscribers can make free 200 Local SMS per month for a validity of lifetime. Users will be charged at the rate of 1 paise per second for making Local/STD and roaming calls within BSNL network and 1.2paise per sec for any other network. Customers also get the benefits of F&F for lower call charges on any five numbers of Karnataka circle.

BSNL Broadband Plan Slelector

BSNL also introduced an online application for its customers called BSNL Broadband Plan Slelector. The online application will help BSNL’s customers to choose best broadband plan based on their usage. The application is a guide for users to choose best suitable Broadband, WiMax, EVDO and 3G Data plan. Related: BSNL revises broadband plans

So, how does this tool operate? The app asks customers for their basic information, such as, monthly budget, monthly usage in MB, desired speed, etc. The online plan selector tool also offers easy interface where customers can calculate their average monthly usage by giving answer of some easy questions from the “more option” field.

Hence, customers can make appropriate decision before choosing any required plan. BSNL also allows users to change the plan through the online application. Also, it provides connection booking option to new customers.

If you want to explore the new app from BSNL, you can log on to: http://210.212.169.201/erp/bbplan.php.

BSNL Mobile App Store

In yet another initiative, BSNL is soon going to launch its own mobile application store for its 2G and 3G GSM mobile customers. The app store is a service for BSNL users to browse and download applications directly on to the mobile phones. Also see: BSNL 3G speed, tariffs

For the development of this store, BSNL has signed an agreement with Accenture. As per the agreement between the two companies, BSNL would work only as publisher of the application and the app store will be established by Accenture.

Once the application store is ready, it will allow BSNL customers to download applications from a portfolio of around 3,400 applications of various genres. Also, the store will comprise of both paid and free apps, out of which, 80 percent of apps would be in paid category while remaining 20 percent would be available for free.

In India, Aircel was the first company to announce the launch a mobile application store in association with Infosys. But in reality, Airtel was the first company to actually launch mobile app store called Airtel App central. Later, players like Vodafone and Reliance also joined the race of opening a mobile app store.

Tagged with: ,
Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed for this Article !